General coin collecting forum sites for General coin collecting forum
Coin collecting forum by country links to coin collecting forums from different countries
Have you joined in an online coin collecting forum lately?
The ancient art of numismatics has evolved through time. Today, in the peak of the so-called Information Age, the internet plays a vital role in keeping numismatists from near and far updated with the latest developments in coin collecting.
Coin collecting forums are composed of an “online community” of coin collectors who meet over the internet to discuss numismatic topics. Sometimes called a coin collecting message board, it aims to enrich the social ties among coin collectors as they post various topics on what else but coins.
Coin collecting user groups aim to provide a worthwhile exchange of ideas among their members. Most common topics may include:
• Questions (members asking about a certain coin, where to buy this and that, etc.)
• Comparisons ( comparing coin prices and coin grades, and so on)
• Polls (members’ opinion on investing in certain bullions, etc.)
• Updates (new coin issues, prices of gold, silver, etc.)
• Buying, trading and selling
If it is your first time to visit a coin collecting forum, you may encounter these terms:
• member – a person who has registered in the user group
• post – an electronic message that contains the topic, user’s details, date and time it was made
• thread – a series of posts started by the first post or original message
• moderator – or simply, the mod is the moderators of the discussion. They can delete posts that do not follow forum’s the guidelines
• administrator – or the admin, overseer the site’s technical details. The highest in the hierarchy of the web-based forums
Just like any of its kind in the internet, coin collecting forums require their users to register. Users usually undergo a verification process and are made to agree on the terms and conditions provided by the forum administrators.
Once registered, they become members and are required to have a username and password that he or she uses to log in. Sometimes, members are asked to make a little biography or profile. However, forum guests (those who were not registered to the user group) are free to view the members’ posts but they cannot participate.
Coin collecting forums are governed by certain rules and regulations to make sure all will go perfectly well for members during the discussion. General codes of conducts when posting a thread or in forum interactions include but do not limit to the following:
• no using of foul language
• be polite in group discussions, avoid personal attacks
• no posting of unrelated topics, pictures, and links. Post numismatic topics only
• no spamming
Determining the worth or value of coins, do you know how to know the worth of your old coin collections? If not, learn how to determine value of coins from this numismatic article.
Coin display case, a coin collecting article guide about how to properly display and store your coin collections. Learn some simple steps on how to handle your collection properly.
Gold coin value, learn how to determine the gold coin prices and know ho to differentiate between gold bullion coins and gold coin prices.